Boss Rush mode has arrived!
Back in February, Nintendo and MercurySteam announced Metroid Dread for the Switch would be receiving two new updates.
The first update adding “Dread” and “Rookie” modes was released on the same day as the announcement and now the second update has finally been released – adding in a Boss Rush Mode.
There are also a number of modes – including Survival Rush and Dread Rush. Last but not least are some general fixes. Below are the official patch notes, courtesy of Nintendo’s official support page:
Ver. 2.1.0 (Released April 7, 2022)
New Modes Added
Three different boss rush modes have been added to the game. Press the R Button on the “Samus Files” screen to move to the Boss Rush selection screen.
- A mode where players fight 12 continuous boss battles, and aim for the best time.
- Any damage received is carried-over into the next fight. Weapons are fully-restored between battles.
- If Samus is defeated, players may select “Retry” to continue playing from the start of the battle they lost. There is, however, a time penalty for being defeated.
- Bosses fought in Boss Rush can be fought one-on-one at any time by selecting “Practice”.
*Unlocked by clearing the main game a single time. (In the event that a player has completed the game before the update was released, they will be able to play Boss Rush immediately after updating).
- The basic rules are the same as in Boss Rush, but if Samus is hit by a boss, her energy drops to zero and she is defeated.
- Bosses fought in Dread Rush can be fought one-on-one at any time by selecting “Practice”.
*Unlocked by clearing the main game using Dread Mode. (In the event that a player has completed Dread Mode before the update was released, they will be able to play Dread Rush immediately after updating).
- Fixed an error where the Game Over screen would not display properly when Samus takes damage and is defeated immediately after destroying a central unit.
Have you downloaded this update yet? Notice anything else? Leave a comment down below.